Monday, February 6, 2012

Recipe: Chocolate Lava Cake

My favorite dessert, lava cake! stupid me, I deleted my post last time, so I want to re-post it again. :)







Here's my recipe for the lava cake:


1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to serve

1   Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter 6 molds or ramekins. Place on a baking sheet.

2  
Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted. You can also melt this in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted.

3
   Stir in sugar until well blended.

  Blend in eggs and egg yolks with a wire whisk.

5
   Stir in flour. Divide batter among prepared molds.

  Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. (Timing is critical to get a gooey center. Make sure to initially set a timer to 7 minutes. Increase by 1 minute at a time if cakes are not yet done. Remove cakes from oven when the sides are set and the center is still a bit wet but not runny.)

  Let stand for 1 minute. Carefully run a small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes. Serve immediately, topped with a whipped topping or ice cream.

I used Bluebunny Chocochip ice cream, delicious!! 




* first attempt of making lava cake , there's not enough chocolate flowing :( I will make this perfect next time! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment